- HEPES and bicarbonate buffered
- Dilute 1:20 with sperm processing medium
- For in-vitro examination of necrozoospermic ejaculates and immotile spermatozoa isolated from testicular tissue
- Contains Theophylline
- Can be used safely for up to 7 days after opening when stored at 2-8°C and sterile conditions are maintained
- A Certificate of Analysis for each batch is available at hamiltonthorne.com
GM501 SpermMobil Intended Use
GM501 SpermMobil is a HEPES buffered, HSA free reagent containing low bicarbonate. It is used for in-vitro examination of sperm cells of necrozoo-spermic ejaculates as well as of immotile sperms isolated from testicular tissue (TESE).
*GM501 SpermMobil is for non-clinical, research use only in USA.
GM501 SpermMobil Instructions for Use
- Warm to 37°C prior to use. GM501 SpermMobil is HEPES buffered. Incubation of GM501 SpermMobil in a CO2-incubator will lower the pH.
- To facilitate sperm activation, add 1.5-2.0 μl of GM501 SpermMobil to sperm preparation-medium in the Petri-dish (approximately 30-40 μl/ dilution 1:20).
- GM501 SpermMobil should be added to the opposing side from where the sperms are to be aspirated.
- Wait for 10 minutes. The activating effect will initiate after a few minutes and lasts for up to one hour.
- Any laboratory procedures described herein are recommendations only. Each laboratory must establish and validate its own procedures for preparation and use.
GM501 SpermMobil Composition
- NaCl, KCl, KH2PO4, MgSO4 CaCl2
- Bicarbonate, HEPES, EDTA
- Glucose, Lactate, Pyruvate
- Non-essential and essential Amino Acids, Alanyl-Glutamine
- Theophylline, Phenol Red
GM501 SpermMobil Specifications
|pH (at 37°C)||7.20 - 7.60|
|Osmolality (mOsm/kg)||280 - 320|
|Sterility (sterile/SAL 10-3)||No Growth|
|Endotoxins (LAL, EU/ml)||< 0.25|
|Human Sperm Survival Assy (HSSA)||≥ 80% of Control Motility at 24h|
GM501 SpermMobil Order Codes
|Part #||Size||Storage||Shelf Life*|
|4 GM 501SMOBIL5||1 x 5 ml||2 - 8°C||6 months|
|4 GM 501SMOBIL5-S||1 x 1ml||2 - 8°C||6 months|
|* From the date of manufacture|
GM501 SpermMobil Reference
Sandi-Monroy NL, Musanovic S, Zhu D, et al. Use of dimethylxanthine theophylline (SpermMobil®) does not affect clinical, obstetric or perinatal outcomes. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2019; 300(5): 1435-1443. doi:10.1007/s00404-019-05312-8.MKT-2016 Rev. A, 06-Nov.-2020