GM508 CultActive is a bicarbonate buffered, HSA free reagent designed to investigate oocytes of patients with failed fertilization after previous intracytoplasmatic sperm injection (ICSI) cycles.
GM508 CultActive is designed to investigate if fertilization failure after previous ICSI cycles is due to a deficient oocyte activation.
*GM508 CultActive is for non-clinical, research use only in USA.
- Bicarbonate buffered
- Ready to use
- For investigation of fertilization failure (deficient oocyte activation)
- Contains Ca2+-Ionophore A23187
- A Certificate of Analysis for each batch is available at hamiltonthorne.com
|pH (at 37°C, 6%CO2)||7.00 – 7.60|
|Osmolality (mOsm/kg)||400 – 460|
|Sterility (sterile/SAL 10-3)||No Growth|
|Endotoxins (LAL, EU/ml)||< 0.25|
|1-cell MEA||≥ 80% blastocysts at 96h after|
1h exposure to GM508 CultActive
- NaCl, KCl, KH2PO4, MgSO4 CaCl2
- Bicarbonate, EDTA
- Glucose, Lactate, Pyruvate
- Non-essential and essential Amino Acids, Alanyl-Glutamine
- Ca2+-Ionophore A23187, DMSO
Instructions for Use
Prior to use, both GM508 CultActive and culture media (i.e.,GM501 Cult) must be equilibrated for 4 hours in vial not firmly closed at 5 – 7% CO₂ and 37°C prior to use.
Any laboratory procedures described herein are recommendations only. Each laboratory must establish and validate its own procedures for preparation and use.
- Prior to use, both GM508 CultActive and culture medium (i.e. GM501 Cult) must be equilibrated for 4 hours at 5-7% CO2 and 37°C.
- Prior to equilibrating, remove vial stopper and loosely replace to allow vial to vent.
- Shake GM508 CultActive for approximately 30 seconds immediately prior to use.
- For each oocyte, prepare 1 drop (30 μl) GM508 CultActive (1# in diagram below) and 2 drops (30-50 μl) MOPS-and HEPES-free culture medium (#2 and #3 in diagram below). An oil overlay is not necessary due to the short exposure time.
- Immediately after the ICSI procedure, incubate the oocytes for 15 minutes in the equilibrated CA²⁺-Ionophore GM508 CultActive drops (#1).
- Remove the oocytes from the GM508 CultActive drop and wash them twice in a HEPES-or MOPS-free culture medium (#2 and #3).
- Place the oocytes in culture media for further culture.
- Assess the development at desired time points.
- Any laboratory procedures described herein are recommendations only. Each laboratory must establish and validate its own procedures for preparation and use.
Get Instant Access
Enter your information below to view this resource.
"*" indicates required fields
Are you a Hamilton Thorne distributor?
Sign in to the distributor portal to gain access to all gated assets and exclusive content.
4 GM 508CULT-active1
1 x 1 ml
2 – 8°C
*From the date of manufacture
You may also be looking for
How other labs have utilized Hamilton Thorne solutions
New Mexico Cryobank and Andrology Lab (Roosters)
Zangersheide N. V. (Equine)
SafePharm Laboratories Limited (Rat)
Murugesu S, Saso S, Jones BP, et al. Does the use of calcium ionophore during artificial oocyte activation demonstrate an effect on pregnancy rate? A meta-analysis. Fertil Steril. 2017;108(3):468-482.e3. doi:10.1016/j.fertnstert.2017.06.029
Ebner T, Montag M; Oocyte Activation Study Group, et al. Live birth after artificial oocyte activation using a ready-to-use ionophore: a prospective multicentre study. Reprod Biomed Online. 2015;30(4):359-365. doi:10.1016/j.rbmo.2014.11.012