GM501 Mineral Oil
GM501 Mineral Oil is intended for use as an overlay for culture of gametes, zygotes, or embryos in Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) and micro-manipulation procedures.
The oil is a pre-washed, ready-to-use, light mineral oil for use with media in IVF, ICSI and related assisted reproduction procedures. The oil is pre-washed twice with ultrapure water and may be used to coat culture dishes and flasks and as an overlay for media droplets, thereby preventing evaporation and stabilizing pH and temperature.
- 18 month shelf life
- Pre-washed twice with ultrapure water
- Stabilize media pH during IVF, ICSI and related assisted reproductive procedures
- Prevents evaporation
- Available in 100ml and 500ml sizes
|Density (g/ml)||0.83 – 0.86|
|Viscosity (at 30°C/cP)||< 30|
|Sterility (sterile/SAL 10-3)||No Growth|
|Endotoxins (LAL, EU/ml)||< 0.25|
|1-Cell MEA||≥ 80% blastocysts at 120h exposure|
|Peroxide Value (POV) (mEq/kg)||< 0.10|
- Pharmaceutical Grade Mineral (Paraffin) Oil
- CAS Code: 8042-47-5
- EP Monograph: 0240
Features & Benefits
- GM501 Mineral Oil is a pre-washed, ready-to-use oil. No pre-mixing or further preparations are required.
- Prepare dishes and flasks with GM501 Mineral Oil and incubate at 37°C for 5 hours prior to use.
- Overlay the culture media with micro drops of GM501 Mineral Oil until completely covered.
- Any laboratory procedures described herein are recommendations only. Each laboratory must establish and validate its own procedures for media preparation and use.
4 MO 100
4 MO 500
1 x 100ml
1 x 500ml
15 – 25°C
15 – 25°C
Get Instant Access
Enter your information below to view this resource.
"*" indicates required fields
Are you a Hamilton Thorne distributor?
Sign in to the distributor portal to gain access to all gated assets and exclusive content.
You may also be looking for