GM501 SpermActive is intended for the handling and preparation of sperm for use in assisted reproduction procedures. GM501 SpermActive is not intended for use in intrauterine insemination (IUI) procedures.
GM501 SpermActive is a ready-to-use medium designed for sperm washing, swim-up techniques and density gradient centrifugation, as well as for testicular tissue.
- Ready to use
- HEPES (15mM) and bicarbonate buffered
- Suitable for washing, swim-up and density gradient centrifugation
- For handling of testicular tissue
- Contains Gentamicin (10 mg/liter) and Phenol Red
- Includes highest available purity (Ph. Eu./USP) Human Serum Albumin (5.00 g/liter)
- Can be used safely for up to 7 days after opening when stored at 2 – 8°C and sterile conditions are maintained
- Available in 20ml and 50ml sizes
|pH (at 37°C, 6%CO2)||7.20 – 7.50|
|Osmolality (mOsm/kg)||270 – 290|
|Sterility (sterile/SAL 10-3)||No Growth|
|Endotoxins (LAL, EU/ml)||< 0.25|
|Human Sperm Survival Assy (HSSA)||≥ 80% of Control Motility at 24h|
- NaCl, KCl, KH2PO4, MgSO, CaCl2
- Bicarbonate, HEPES, EDTA
- Glucose, Lactate, Pyruvate
- Non-essential and essential Amino Acids, Alanyl-Glutamine
- Human Serum Albumin, Gentamicin, Phenol Red
Instructions for Use
Prior to use, GM501 SpermActive must be equilibrated overnight in a humidified CO2-incubator (at 5 – 7% CO2 , 37°C).
Any laboratory procedures described herein are recommendations only. Each laboratory must establish and validate its own procedures for preparation and use.
1 x 20ml
1 x 50ml
2 – 8°C
2 – 8°C
*From the date of manufacture
Get Instant Access
Enter your information below to view this resource.
"*" indicates required fields
Are you a Hamilton Thorne distributor?
Sign in to the distributor portal to gain access to all gated assets and exclusive content.
You may also be looking for