Stiletto® Research Laser System
The Stiletto® research laser system gives you everything you need in one: infrared laser objective, controller software and an automated stage for various procedures applicable to adherent cells in culture.
The laser module attaches to the turret of your inverted microscope to easily target the cell monolayer to ablate, isolate or score into uniform sections.
- 20x objective laser module attaches to the microscope turret
- Streamline workflow with automated features
- Flexible solution applicable to a variety of research needs
- Stem Cell Research
- Developmental Biology
- Cell Isolation
- Automated, uniform scoring
|Stiletto® Research Laser System||Laser Type: Infrared Solid-State Diode, Class 1, eyesafe waveband 1400-1500nm|
|Dimensions||Stiletto® Module: 1.65in (42mm)x 2.1in (54mm)x 1.1in (28mm) Module Weight: 0.5 (0.22) Controller: 1.6in (41mm)x 3.8in (95mm) x3.25in (83mm) Controller Weight: 1.0lb (0.45kg)|
|Electrical||Input Voltage: 100-240 VAC Power: 300W Line Frequency: 50/60Hz|
|Laser Mode||Single, Double, Manual, Auto|
|Firing||By mouse (optional: Foot switch firing)|
|Target Marker||Circle or arrow|
|Objective||Standard: 20x 0.40 N.A, I.R Scale Calibration: Performed interactively on-screen. Calibrate and save multiple objectives Scale Bar: Scale bar graphic overlay automatically adjusts based on calibrated objective.|
|Video||Camera: High resolution, digital color Illumination: Microscope control, image on screen|
|Laser Safety||EN IEC 60825-1:2014: Class 1 21 CFR 1040:10: Class 1|
|Laser Settings||Enable, Remote Fire, Mode, Target, Slide Resolution|
|Microplate||Allows calibration and storage for unlimited microwell configurations|
|Prior Stage||Set the controller, connection axis direction encoders and map stage endpoints|
|Path Profiles||Set and store unlimited laser path profiles containing laser pulse settings, path settings and scoring size|
Features & Benefits
The Stiletto® features a 20x laser module that attaches to the turret like a standard objective. Its automated X-Y-Z stage is equipped with a “remembered focus” at each selected area.
Streamline your lab’s workflow with the Stiletto® research laser’s automated features. Select multiple areas across an entire plate and Stiletto® automatically ablates cells inside or outside of each designated zone, or along a path. The system quickly scores cell monolayer into sections of user-defined dimensions.
The Stiletto’s proprietary software interface features modes for auto-scoring, ablation within selected area, outside selected area, and along a perimeter. Designate multiple target areas and modes throughout the entire plate/dish. The Stiletto® provides the ability to select target areas under a lower magnification thereby providing a larger field of view.
Isolation of Target Cells
Stiletto® laser gives you complete control over isolation of selected cell areas
Ablation & Microdissection
Allows you to designate multiple areas to be targeted for ablation or microdissection
Application of the laser at various power and pulse length settings gives the opportunity to control microscopic heating
Automated, Uniform Scoring
Gives researchers an opportunity to standardize their protocol for passaging cell colonies across all users
- Multi-mode options with user-defined parameters
- Manual or automated laser operation
- Manual or automated X-Y stage movement
- Adjustable laser pulse length: 100 µs – 3000 µs
- Adjustable pulse/second
- Adjustable maximum duration
- Computer-controlled target alignment
- Laser firing by Mouse or by optional Remote Fire Foot Switch
- Freehand selection of target areas using mouse
- Select multiple target areas
- Laser application to perimeter of selected area (uniform or variable perimeter)
- X-Y laser crosshatching for ablation or scoring
- Minimum X-Y crosshatch width: 1 µm apart
- Maximum X-Y crosshatch width: 10000 µm apart
- Capture of static images (tif, bmp or jpg)
- Manual and automatic image naming
- Image zoom and pan
- Manual and automatic image labeling
- Graphic overlays
- Measurement tool
- Image thumbnail gallery
- Used for capture and playback of real-time video (up to 1000 seconds) and time-lapse video (user defined capture interval and playback speed)
Get Instant Access
Enter your information below to view this resource.
"*" indicates required fields
Are you a Hamilton Thorne distributor?
Sign in to the distributor portal to gain access to all gated assets and exclusive content.
You may also be looking for