- Ready to use
- HEPES (15mM) and bicarbonate buffered
- Suitable for washing, swim-up and density gradient centrifugation
- For handling of testicular tissue
- Contains Gentamicin (10 mg/liter) and Phenol Red
- Includes highest available purity (Ph. Eu./USP) Human Serum Albumin (5.00 g/liter)
- Can be used safely for up to 7 days after opening when stored at 2 - 8°C and sterile conditions are maintained
- A Certificate of Analysis for each batch is available on hamiltonthorne.com.
- Available in 20ml and 50ml sizes
GM501 SpermActive Intended Use
GM501 SpermActive is intended for the handling and preparation of sperm for use in assisted reproduction procedures. GM501 SpermActive is not intended for use in intrauterine insemination (IUI) procedures.
GM501 SpermActive is a ready-to-use medium designed for sperm washing, swim-up techniques and density gradient centrifugation, as well as for testicular tissue.
GM501 SpermActive Instructions for Use
- Prior to use, GM501 SpermActive must be equilibrated overnight in a humidified CO2-incubator (at 5 - 7% CO2 , 37°C).
- Any laboratory procedures described herein are recommendations only. Each laboratory must establish and validate its own procedures for preparation and use.
GM501 SpermActive Composition
- NaCl, KCl, KH2PO4, MgSO, CaCl2
- Bicarbonate, HEPES, EDTA
- Glucose, Lactate, Pyruvate
- Non-essential and essential Amino Acids, Alanyl-Glutamine
- Human Serum Albumin, Gentamicin, Phenol Red
GM501 SpermActive Specifications
|pH (at 37°C, 6%CO2)||7.20 - 7.50|
|Osmolality (mOsm/kg)||270 - 290|
|Sterility (sterile/SAL 10-3)||No Growth|
|Endotoxins (LAL, EU/ml)||< 0.25|
|Human Sperm Survival Assy (HSSA)||≥ 80% of Control Motility at 24h|
GM501 SpermActive Order Codes
|Part #||Size||Storage||Shelf Life*|
|4 GM501SA-020||1 x 20ml||2 - 8°C||6 months|
|4 GM501SA-050||1 x 50ml||2 - 8°C||6 months|
|* From the date of manufacture|