(for Version 14.0 legacy software only)
The VIADENT stain only penetrates non-viable sperm heads. By comparing the cells visible under standard and fluorescent illumination, the analyzer easily determines the live cells versus the dead cells.
Simply stain an aliquot of the sample with the pre-packaged VIADENT stain for 2 minutes, load into the disposable analysis chamber, and place on the IVOS or UltiMate stage. You are now ready to begin analysis!
1) Select the analysis fields either automatically or manually.
2) Press Start Scan. Using standard visible illumination, the system analyzes count, concentration, motility, and velocity.
3) Select Playback to confirm capture.
4) Activate the VIADENT illumination, and press ADD SCAN. The analyzer will automatically scan the identical fields under fluorescent illumination to detect non-viable sperm.
5) The analysis results are immediately displayed, and show the number, concentration, and percent Viable cells, in addition to the Total, Motile, and Progressive values. You also get the quality assurance of overlaying Playback of both runs so you can “see” the results.
Validation of an objective approach for simultaneous assessment of viability and motility of fresh and cooled equine spermatozoa.
M.T. Wessel, G.C. Althouse
Proceedings of the International Symposium on Equine Reproduction, Animal Reproduction Science 94 (2006) 21-22
"Our results suggest that the "Viadent" option of the IVOS system is capable of a rapid, accurate and objective evaluation of both viability and motility parameters using large numbers of spermatozoa. Application of this technique in the industry may prove useful in the clinical assessment of fertilizing potential of equine spermatozoa."
|Althouse-Viadent-Equine.pdf||Validation of an objective approach for simultaneous assessment of viability and motility of fresh and cooled equine spermatozoa.||294 kB|